Monday, November 10, 2008

We're going to Ghana, Africa

That’s right! The Jones family is going to the country of Ghana Africa for one month – mid November through mid December. We have many ministry opportunities. Velvet and the children will be helping orphans and teaching in a small Christian school while Eric is preaching and praying throughout many villages in the Volta region of Ghana with our host – Pastor Emmanuel Fiagbedzi. Additionally, we believe God is going to use this experience to lead me (Eric) into new areas of ministry that will be exercised for God’s kingdom and His church back at home in the United States.Why go to Ghana? Why now? Simply put, because God said GO.

Here’s the story:

It happened the week of June 15th. I had dedicated this week to some serious prayer and fasting as I was aggressively seeking direction from God and crying out for a fresh anointing from the Holy Spirit. That Tuesday, June 17th, a pastor from Ghana, Pastor Emmanuel, ended up in my family room where we had a time of fellowship, prayer, and powerful ministry. When he left, I found myself telling Velvet, “I really like that guy. There’s just something about him.”

Two days later, Velvet and I were at a large prayer event called Prayer Quake. Jackson Senyonga, from Uganda, was ministering after a wonderful time of worshipping God. In the middle of his message I clearly heard the Holy Spirit tell me that I needed to go to Africa and spend one month with Pastor Emmanuel. With excitement, I told my wife what God had told me as we drove home late that night. She was immediately on-board.

OK, here is where it gets even better. On Saturday morning we received a message from Pastor Emmanuel that he felt like I needed to spend one month with him in Africa. Velvet and I were blown away as we had not talked to anyone about this. God had given us unbelievable confirmation. God couldn’t be any clearer.
What it will take: We are responsible for paying for our own expenses which are estimated to be around $13,800. Most of that cost is in the airline tickets just to get there and back. As a family, we are making efforts to raise money by having a large garage sale (our kids are contributing toys) and we are planning fund raising dinners, too. It would be a wonderful blessing to have help with these expenses. If you feel led to participate with us in this exciting mission we would be most grateful. Your donations are tax deductible. You can give online at http://www.firstgiving.com/ericjandfamily.

Thank you so much. We look forward to sharing all that God does while we minister to the people of Ghana. We are expecting God to do some exciting and significant things through us and in us. Please keep us in your prayers.

In awe of God,
Eric & Velvet

No comments: