Thursday, November 20, 2008

A busy first day

Today was our first full day in Ghana, Africa. And it was a busy one. We attended and taught at the church's weekly Wednesday morning prayer meeting. It is a 3-hour meeting of praise, prayer, preaching, and personal ministry. This was a completely different kind of meeting than I am used to. It was also the first time I have preached with a translator. It was a little awkward as it crimped my style a bit, but God makes a way. It looks like I will be changing my style. Like Paul said, "To the Greeks..." I found that emphatically proclaiming the name of Jesus would just about always get me a big amen. 


I was asked to also preach tonight at the 1st day of a 3-day revival. Pastor Emmanuel is going to be keeping me busy. I am relying on the Holy Spirit for guidance, material, and of course the Word. The Jones Band led a worship song. We brought an electric guitar, an amplifier, some new drum heads, and other musical equipment so that we could add to and repair the church's instruments. Velvet was asked to play a role in the service and had a wonderful prophetic word for a young lady in the meeting. By the way, "God is good, all the time...".  It's universal. 


I was presented with my first opportunity to graciously accept a malt beverage. They love their non-alcoholic malt drinks here. It was very interesting. I don't think I will be keeping these stocked in my refrigerator at home, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. While picking up the malt drink, I grabbed a case of Coca Cola's. I had one tonight after the Revival service. It was wonderful. A little taste of Americana. By the way, I would "love to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony." There is nothing worse than bad harmony - ouch.


Tomorrow is supposed to be a little bit slower. We only have one church service to attend, lead worship, and preach at. However, Friday is the final revival service and it is planned to be an all-nighter. 


Note: while I have some internet connection here at the compound, it is limited and very tough to download emails. If you email me, please try to keep it to text only (no pictures or attachments unless absolutely necessary). Blessings and peace to you. 

No comments: