Sunday, November 30, 2008

Preparing for battle

Saturday night, I spoke at a revival meeting in Woe (pronounced Way). It was the conclusion to the 2-day crusade we had just completed in that village. I was asked to preach and minister. God gave me the word by mid-morning. I was to preach from Ephesians 6 about preparing for spiritual battle by putting on the armor of God and then standing. I made several analogies to military battles and soldiers. It seemed to translate well. My primary focus was on the breastplate of righteousness and the sword of the spirit. Many people came forward for ministry and dedicated themselves to be prepared soldiers for the kingdom of God. 

Pastor Raymond Soga was a very kind and encouraging host. He and his wife have been pastoring in the village of Woe for 20 years. God is good and His mercies are new every morning. 

No comments: