Saturday, November 22, 2008

The "all-nighter"

Last night was the "all-night" prayer meeting. Ok, we just experienced church African-style. The service started at 9:30PM and ended at about 3:00AM. The music was loud, the prayer was loud, and we (the adults who were able) stood virtually the whole time (my feet were hurting big-time). 

Pastor Emmanuel again asked that I deliver a word. God led me to teach from the Gospels of Matthew and Luke regarding Jesus and healing. What we discover in the Gospels is that Jesus was willing and able to heal. "I am willing" He said several times and we know that He was able as He healed many. When the teaching concluded, I was prompted by the Holy Spirit to call out a specific need for healing. Three ladies came forward. They were healed and the meeting rejoiced. 

We then moved into more singing and about 4 hours of prayer led by Pastor Emmanuel. One of the primary focuses of prayer was for the Nation of Ghana. The elections are going to be held on December 7th (we will be here) and the church is crying out for God's will to be done and for people of righteousness to be elected. I was asked to bring a word during this time and God was faithful to give one to me - Psalm 33. 

Have I told you that these people pray some seriously aggressive prayers?  They go after it. They pray with boldness and with power. You could never characterize these prayers as wimpy. They pray with faith, expectation, and authority. 

During the meeting, a demon manifested in one young lady. It was a sight to see and hear. Pastor Emmanuel had her carried up to the front and then called me over. I was about to enter the unknown zone. I was leaving my hinderances behind. It was time to go to a whole new level. I looked back at Velvet and told her to pray for me. It was an intense 10 minutes of prayer. But, the young lady was delivered. The demon left. Yes, she did vomit. Like I said, it was intense. But, God is good. He is the King. His name is above all other names and at the name of Jesus demons must flee. The young lady was up on her feet later in the meeting speaking in tongues for the first time in her life.   

"Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore." 

Another special prayer was prayed over all of the students in the church. We laid hands on each one of them (about 40) and blessed them and spoke words of encouragement, blessing, and truth over them. We declared Psalm 119:99-100 over them. By the way, our children attended the whole night of prayer. 

Today is Saturday and we have the day off from formal ministry. We will be at church tomorrow. In the meantime, we will enjoy fellowship with our hosts.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wow! Sounds like things are going great in Ghana! Praise God! We love you and miss you. We can't wait to hear all your stories and receive impartation of all you have received while in Ghana! Bring it home! :) Be blessed! We are praying for you daily.

The Meeks