Saturday, November 29, 2008

Being ready at all times

Last night was the second night of our video-based crusade in the village of Woe. My role, like the first night, was supposed to be as a minister during the prayer and deliverance time. However, the plans seemed to change and I was asked to lead the entire night of ministry (except for the movie translation and commentary of course). So, after the movie was over, the microphone was handed to me and we were off. 

I went for it. I boldly preached the gospel message and spoke directly to the difference between Jesus Christ and the dead god's they serve that are represented by idols and made by human hands out of mere dirt, wood, and stone. I really went for it because they need the true living God, the God of love, their Creator and the lover of their souls. I told them that unlike other gods, my God, Jesus Christ, desires blessing for them and not curses. In fact, He gave His very life so that we could be free from the curse.

Then I made the call for them to come to Jesus Christ, renounce their old ways, and live for Him and Him alone. Of the 250 people present (many of whom were members of the local church), there were 25 who made Jesus their Lord and Savior that night. It was a wonderful evening of celebration. Peoples lives were changed for all eternity. 

However, the ministry time was just beginning. You see, during my presentation of the gospel, I quoted Jesus who said that He has come to announce freedom for the captives, site for the blind, and release for the oppressed. It was time for deliverance. It was time for healing. So we kept going and saw over 40 people come forward for those needs. Four of us ministered to each of them individually. I was exhausted by the end of the evening. I mean, I was done. But, God had done great and mighty things in our presence and He was glorified. 

In the two nights of the crusade, we had 47 people accept Christ and connect with the local church for discipleship and fellowship. Praise God! I was humbled to be used by Him last night. Thank you Lord.

No comments: