Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday morning preaching and anointing

I preached this morning at Pastor Emmanuel's church, Liberty Center, in Afife. It was a very special day for their church and the entire village. Today, they dedicated and turned on a new water distribution system that serves the whole community. I will reserve an entire post to how significant and special this was for this village and how God was glorified.

The service this morning started at 10AM and was filled with excitement, including almost two hours of praise & worship. I didn't begin preaching until about 12:15PM. I finished at 1PM by declaring God's promises and speaking some prophetic words over the congregation. Oh, I also went African-style by leading a praise song after my message. It is very common for Pastors to spontaneously lead into worship. I really like it. It fits me well.

After this, Pastor Emmanuel invited me and my whole family forward. He anointed me by pouring a significant amount of oil on my head and then proceeded to very powerfully bless me and, in so many words, commission and ordain me for the work of the kingdom of God to the nations. He also anointed Velvet and the children and spoke blessings over them and our family as a whole. It was a very meaningful time. We are also blessed because the whole ceremony was recorded on video. Anybody up for some home videos? Maybe we will post it on a private YouTube site.

All is well and we will be heading home in just a few days. God has been good and faithful. We are blessed to be His children. 

 

No comments: