Friday, December 5, 2008

On the border - The promised land

Last night I preached at a church in Afloa, Ghana. We were about 1 mile from the border of Togo. It was exciting because the church facilities were open air, but located on the main street running through this relatively larger city. There was a lot of vehicle and foot traffic. So, as I preached using the microphone and loud speakers, my voice was heard for quite some distance and many people who were just walking by decided to stop and listen to this white preacher from America. Although I was preaching to a church congregation, because of the location and setup, I was also street preaching. That's what I call a "two-fer". 

God directed me to the first chapter of Joshua where I preached about entering the promised land. The message was very well received and it was followed by a wonderful time of ministry. That morning, as God was giving me the word from the book of Joshua about taking the land, I didn't realize that the pastors name was Joshua and their church is in the middle of acquiring new land next to their existing land in order to expand their church and build a permanent structure. God is good!

I will be preaching there tonight and tomorrow morning. In Ghana, most churches will be meeting on Saturday this week instead of Sunday because the national elections, which are always December 7th., happen to fall on Sunday this year. 

No comments: